- Government/Public Office
- Support for Foreign Residents
- Vehicle Registration
Registration of Vehicles of Aliens in Dongjak-gu Office
- Window: Window No. 6, Transportation Service, Dongjak-gu Office (1F, Annex)
- Registration of transfer of a vehicle to an alien or a vehicle owned by an alien
- Business hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm on weekdays
- Contact: ☎02-820-9790
Registration of Transfer of a Vehicle to an Alien/Korean National Residing Abroad or a Vehicle Owned by an Alien/Korean National Residing Abroad
- An alien/Korean national residing abroad who acquires a motor vehicle by transfer (purchase, bestowal, inheritance, merger, auction, and other means) shall file an application for registration of transfer of ownership of the motor vehicle within the designated period.
- Documents required
- Applicant: Applicant’s ID Card and Address Certificate or Certificate of Alien Registration
- Representative: Representative’s ID Card, a copy of Applicant’s ID Card (Seal Certificate for corporations), Letter of Attorney (seal), and Address Certificate or Certificate of Alien
- Notice of Registration
- Before registration, first check the Motor Vehicle Register to see if the vehicle is under a car loan or under seizure. For registration, the fines (violations of the Motor Vehicle Management Act, uninsured vehicle, penalty of inspection delay, parking violations, speeding tickets, etc.) of a motor vehicle whose seizure has been registered after July 6, 2011 must be de-registered first.